Saturday 1 September 2012

He's Back - And It's About Time!

How many blogs on the entire internet are going to be using THAT headline I wonder?


Well, it's September 1st 2012 and the wait is almost over; Season 7 is about to begin (as I write it's just finished on BBC1 in the UK...the rest of us have to wait another little while but hey, after eight months what's another few hours?) and expectations are high. Hopefully we won't be disappointed.

A slight word of warning! I take my 'Who' far too seriously (far too seriously for a 40 year old married man at any rate) and am likely to go off on one when I encounter something I don't like. I'm not a Canon Nazi per se, but I like things to fit reasonably comfortably into what has gone before. The one thing I will not tolerate however is lazy writing! At times in the last few seasons I have despaired at the quality of the some of the storylines (and I'm not just talking about 'Love And Monsters; here) which have been just dire.

But, I have also sat slack-jawed when the dialogue has reached peaks of greatness hitherto unsurpassed in science-fiction. Lines so briliant I use them every day to confuse none Who-ers.

Anyway, if you do read my stuff please leave a comment, even if it's insulting. I look forward to writing for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment